We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
• You have certain rights regarding the Personal Data we collect from you, which you can learn about below.
• We are based in the United Kingdom and if you have any questions or queries about the data we hold on you please do get in touch with us directly – firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect your email address and the password you enter when you register for an account with us, and we use them to verify your identity, based on our legitimate business interests in keeping your account secure and preventing fraudulent transactions.
We also use your email address:
• to send you confirmations, notifications and other information in relation to your account, products, downloads and training plans and your purchases from us, as may be necessary to complete our contractual obligations to you. Without your email address, we wouldn’t be able to provide you with this information in a timely and effective manner;
• to send you information and materials about us, our products and our services that we think may be of interest to you, based on our legitimate business interest in marketing to individuals who have indicated an interest in our products and services. You can choose not to receive such information when you register an account with us, and you can decide to stop receiving this information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We do not sell any email addresses to any third parties
When you purchase products through our website or over the phone with one of our customer service representatives, we collect your first and last name, your shipping address and your telephone number (collectively, “Shipping Information”), as well as certain payment information, including your billing address and your credit or debit card type, number, security code and expiration date (collectively, “Payment Information”), and we use this information in order to process, fulfil, confirm, or notify or inform you about your training product and purchase orders, as may be necessary to complete a contract with you. Without this information, we would be unable to complete your transaction with us and/or deliver your purchases to you.
All Payment Information regularly collected through the Services is encrypted and maintained using industry standard methods designed to ensure its security against loss or theft, including during transmission to our third party payment processing company (“Payment Processor”), which is currently Stripe and PayPal.
We also use your Payment Information to verify your identity when you manage your account and make a new purchase, based on our legitimate business interests in keeping your account secure and preventing fraudulent transactions. As stated above, we do not store your Payment Information – our Payment Processor does, and we must collect your Payment Information from our Payment Processor and/or from you in order to use it to verify your identity or to process and fulfil your order.
We use and store your Shipping Information to make it easier for you to make a purchase, based on our legitimate business interest in making the Services more convenient for your continued use.
You can always have us delete your Shipping Information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you communicate with us or our customer service representatives, including when you call us, email us or interact with us, we automatically record that communication, and use that record and the information you provide us in those communications, to address your questions and complaints about us, our products and our services, and to train our customer service representatives, based on our legitimate business interest in providing quality customer service. We also use the information you provide us to address your requests regarding your account and purchase orders, as may be necessary to complete a contract with you. Without this information, we may not be able to address these requests.
When you respond to a survey we provide you, or leave a written comment or review on the Services about us, our products or the Services, we record that survey response, comment or review, and use the information you provide us in them, in order to assess and/or address your responses, comments or reviews regarding us, our products or our services, based on our legitimate business interest in providing quality products and customer service.
• enable you to access and use our website and other features or content on the Services that you request or seek to use, based on our legitimate business interest in providing you with the Services. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into your account or use the “shopping cart” functionality on the Services. Such Cookies are generally known as “essential cookies.” You can disable these Cookies, but doing so will encumber the performance of the Services and may make certain of its features and services unavailable to you;
• determine whether you have previously visited or otherwise used the Services, and if so, whether you indicated any preferences during your previous visits or use, based on our legitimate business interest in personalizing the Services for repeat visitors. Such Cookies are generally known as “functionality cookies,” and are persistent Cookies. You can disable these Cookies, but doing so will impair our ability to personalize the Services for you.
• learn about the pages on our website and on Third Party Services that you visit, and thus enhance our understanding of your interests and preferences, so that we can serve you with advertisements for our products or services that we believe may be of interest to you (on the Services and elsewhere), based on our legitimate interest in marketing to individuals we believe may be interested in our products and services. Such Cookies are generally known as “retargeting and advertising cookies,” and are persistent Cookies. Through these Cookies, we collect information about your online activity after you leave our Services. We use a number of third parties to help deliver these Services, including, for example, Google. Please see the section below titled “Additional information about interest-based advertisements” for more information; and
• understand how visitors use the Services, such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to our website, what pages visitors view on our website and how long visitors are viewing pages on the website, based on our legitimate business interest in improving and maintaining the accessibility and functionality of our Services. Such Cookies are generally known as “performance/analytical cookies,” and are persistent Cookies. Through these Cookies, we may collect information about your online activity after you leave our Services. We also use these Cookies to help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns, based on our legitimate business interest in improving our advertising campaigns and the content on the Services to better market to individuals who we think may be interested in our products and services. We use a number of third parties, as described below, to help deliver these Services.
You can decide whether or not to accept most Cookies. Most browsers allow you to delete Cookies and have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide whether to accept each new Cookie in a variety of ways. To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. You can always choose to stop us from collecting your Cookie Information by turning off the Cookie feature on your browser or by ceasing to use the Services. However, if you do prevent us from collecting your Cookie Information, you should know that some of the Services may not work properly.
When you open an email or an SMS, MMS or other text message, or a push notification (each, a “Message”) sent by us, or click on any links in that Message, we receive a confirmation that you did so (and when), as well as Cookie Information. We also receive confirmation and Cookie Information when you click on any links elsewhere throughout the Services, including on our website and our branded pages on social media. We use the information described in this paragraph to assess the effectiveness of our Messages and associated marketing campaigns, to learn more about the audience for our Messages, and to better understand your preferences, all based on our legitimate business interest in marketing to individuals who may be interested in our services and products. You can stop receiving Messages from us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We do not share your Personal outside our company, J. Alex Swift Ltd other than the times listed below
• with shipping and logistics companies, our Payment Processor and others that we rely on to provide you with the Services or process and fulfil your orders, in each case, as may be necessary to complete a contract with you.
If you post information or content publicly on or through the Services (including when you submit comments or review), or post content publicly elsewhere, including on your social media accounts, that relates to us or the Services, we may receive that public information and based on our legitimate business interest we may market our products and services to you.
We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose your Personal Data as we reasonably believe is necessary to:
• satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
• protect our rights, property or safety, and those of our users, customers and the public.
We seek to protect your Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures, taking into account the nature of the applicable Personal Data and processing activity. For example, all Payment Information regularly collected through the Services is encrypted and maintained using industry standard methods designed to ensure its security against loss or theft, including during transmission to our Payment Processor. However, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to Personal Data or other information about you that we collect and store. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of such information at any time.
You can help us prevent unauthorized access to your account with us and your Personal Data by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below.
• Where permissible, you can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and you can request a copy of your Personal Data.
• If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such Personal Data. You can also correct some of this Personal Data directly by visiting your account settings on our website.
• Where permissible, you can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. You can also delete your account with us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent to this processing at any time, which you can do by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
• Where permissible, you can let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as marketing to you (to name one example), and you can also ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
• Where permissible, you can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format, and you can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State. Please visit http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm for more information.
We retain your Personal Data for as long as you have a working account with us, or as otherwise necessary to provide you with the Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to pursue our legitimate business interests (but only if those interests are not overridden by your own interests, rights and freedoms), comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, conduct audits, or if doing so is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we dispose of your Personal Data securely, but may retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
As stated above, you can request us to erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems, and you can delete your account with us at any time, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding how we collect, use, protect or share your Personal Data, including, for example, about our legitimate business interests or the legitimate business interests of others that we describe above, please send a detailed message to email@example.com raising your concerns.